Recipes India - Shrimp Biriyani Recipe
Shrimp Biriyani Recipe
• 1 Lb Shrimp
• 1 Cup Basmati Rice
• 4 Onions
• Small Grated Ginger
• 2 Cloves Garlic
• 4 Green Chilies
• 3 Cups Grated Coconut
• 2 Tsp Garam Masala
• 2 Tsp Lime Juice
• 2 Tsp Cashew Nuts
• 2 Tsp Raisins
• 2 Bay Leaves
• ¼ Cup Ghee or Butter
• Salt to Taste
• Clean the fish and remove the veins.
• Soak the rice in normal water for 20 minutes.
• Grind green chilies, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and coconut into a paste.
• In heated oil, fry half of the onions until they become golden brown in color.
• Add the grinded paste to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
• Add the shrimps and salt.
• Fry well and keep stirring so that all the shrimps are coated with the cooked masala.
• Take a separate pan and fry the bay leaves in heated oil.
• Add the remaining onions and fry until the onions are golden brown.
• Add the rice and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add the peas, salt and 2 cups of water.
• Put the lid on the pan and let it stay for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost done on a low flame.
• Preheat the oven to 300°F.
• In a serving bowl mix the shrimps and rice together and cover the bowl with the aluminium foil.
• Keep the bowl in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes.
• Add lime juice and garnish with fried cashew nuts and raisins.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This website contains material protected under International Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without written permission from the author / publisher.
Indian Breakfast Recipes | Indian Chutney Recipes | Indian Curry Powder Preparation | Indian Dal Recipes | Indian Egg Recipes | Indian Fish Recipes | Indian Meat Curry Recipes | Indian Payasam Recipes | Indian Pickle Recipes | Indian Raita Recipes | Indian Recipes Info | Indian Rice Recipes | Indian Roti Recipes | Indian Snacks Recipes | Indian Soft Drinks Recipes | Indian Soup Recipes | Onam Recipes | Spices of India | Vegetarian Recipes of Kerala | Recipes Home Page