Sat, 27 May 2017
Fish Fried Rice Recipe
• ½ Kg White Fish
• 2 Cup Basmati Rice
• 4 Onions, Chopped
• ½ Cup Oil
• 1 Cup Grated Coconut
• 2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
• Pinch Of Turmeric Powder
• Small Piece Of Ginger
• 2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
• ½ Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
• 1 Bay Leaf
• Juice of ½ Lime
• Salt To Taste
• Wash the rice and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
• Wash and cut the fish into 2-inch pieces.
• Fry coriander seeds, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, and fenugreek seeds and grind them into powder.
• Mix ginger, salt to taste and grind again.
• Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the mixture for about a minute.
• Place the fish in the pan, stir without breaking the pieces.
• Cover the pan and allow the fish to cook in its own steam for five minutes.
• Remove the fish carefully with a fish slice and keep them warm.
• Fry the onions with the bay leaf in the remaining oil till brown.
• Drain the rice and add to the onions.
• Mix the coconut and lemon juice in the rice and fry lightly for a couple of minutes.
• Pour a cup of water into the pan in which fish was fried and bring to the boil, pour this water into the rice mixture.
• Add extra warm water, just enough for the rice to simmer and cook
• Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Back to Recipes Home