Sat, 29 Apr 2017
Mackerel Special Recipe
• 500 Grams Makerel
• Banana Leaves
• 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
• ½ Cup Grated Coconut
• ½ Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
• 4 Green Chillies
• ½ Tbsp Coriander Seeds
• 2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
• 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
• Salt to Taste
• Clean, wash and cut Mackerel horizontally.
• Rub some salts into the fish fillet and apply lemon juice.
• Allow it to marinate for an hour.
• Fry coriander seeds along with cumin seeds.
• Grind grated coconut, ¼ cup coriander leaves, green chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, and salt to taste in a mixer to a fine paste.
• Apply this paste on the fish and allow this to marinate for another half an hour.
• Place the fish in the banana leaves and wrap properly.
• Steam cook this for 25 minutes.
• Before serving, remove the wrap and garnish with lemon slices and remaining coriander leaves.
Back to Recipes Home