Fri, 24 Mar 2017
Sanjeev Kapoor: Sanjeev Kapoor being one of the top chefs in the World has authored many books and is the host of Khana Khazana a popular cookery program shown on Zee TV. He started his career in ITDC under their kitchen management scheme. After working in many hotels, he became the Executive Chef of the Centaur Hotel in Mumbai.
Awards and Recognitions
• His television show won the Best Cookery Show Award given by the Indian Television Academy (ITA) in 2001.
• He is the recipient of the Best Executive Chef of World Award by H & FS and the Mercury Gold Award at Geneva, Switzerland by IFCA.
• Singapore Airlines recruited him as one of the members of its International Culinary Panel.
• Popular Zee TV celebrity show, Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai, featured Chef Kapoor and unfolded his life story.
• He was conferred with ‘Hall of the Fame Award’ under the aegis of the Star of the Industry Awards presented by ITM Institute of Hotel Management for his excellent contribution to the field of hospitality.
• Khazana of Indian Recipes
• Khazana of Healthy Tasty Recipes
• Khana Khazana Celebration of Indian Cookery
• Low Calorie Vegetarian Cookbook
• Any Time Temptations
• Microwave Made Easy and Best of Chinese Cooking
• Non Vegetarian Snacks & Starters
• Soups, Salads & Sandwiches
• CD-ROM on Indian cooking
Vikas Khanna: Vikas Khanna is an Indian chef and a famous food writer. He started his career as a helper in his grandmother's kitchen and learned the art of cooking and the use of spices from her. He started developing recipes at a very young age and opened Lawrence Gardens Banquets to host weddings and family functions. He has worked for the Taj, Oberoi, Welcomgroup, and Leela Group of Hotels with some of the most influential chefs of India. He moved to New York and soon became the Executive Chef of Salaam Bombay Restaurant in New York. Vikas Khanna launched the small company SAKIV (South Asian Kid's Infinite Vision) to reach out to eye foundations around the world in an effort to create awareness about vision disorders in children.
Awards and Recognitions
• He received acclaim for his cooking style from the James Beard Foundation
• He was awarded "Access to Freedom Award", in 2005 from SATH.
• He received “The Shining Star Award” from Just One Break, Inc.
• He received Proclamation from the Council of the City of New York for his outstanding contribution to the city.
• He was selected as the New Yorker of the Week by NY1
• He was interviewed on ABC News for his Global Culinary Events
• Ayurveda - The Science of Food and Life
• Mango Mia - Celebrating the tropical world of Mangoes
• The Cuisine of Gandhi—Based on the beliefs of the Legend
• The Spice Story of India
• New York Chefs Cooking for Life - Cookbook
Michael Pandya: Michael Pandya is one of the successful Indian Chefs who have published several books on Indian Cuisine.
• Indian Microwave Cookery- April 1998, Paperback
• Vegetarian Wonders from India- January 1992, Book, Illustrated
• Home, Here We Come!- January 1992, Book
• Indian Vegetarian Cooking- November 1989, Paperback, Reissue
• Indian Chutneys, Raitas, Pickles & Preserves- January 1986, Paperback, 1st edition
• Indian Vegetarian Cooking- January 1985, Paperback, Illustrated
• Quick and Easy Indian Cooking- September 1983, Hardcover
• Complete Indian Cookbook- January 1980, Book, Illustrated
Tarla Dalal: Tarla Dalal has written many cookery books and her books are the best selling cookery books. She has written a total of 30 titles in 2 decades. Many books have been translated in various languages like Hindi, Gujrati, Marathi, Bengali and even Dutch and Russian. The total sales of her cookbooks exceed 1 million copies. Her first book ‘The Pleasures of Vegetarian Cooking’, which was published in 1974, was an instant success with Indian housewives. The book, which is considered a classic in cookery books, has sold a record 125,000 copies.
Back to Recipes Home