Thiruvananthapuram, Dec 10 IANS | 10 months ago

A police team is actively working to get to the bottom of how three undertrial prisoners lodged in Kozhikode jail became very active on social networking site (Facebook), said Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan Tuesday.


Speaking to the media here, Radhakrishnan said, "You please wait a little more when the entire details of the use of mobile phones by those active on Facebook would come out. Nothing will be left to chance as the team will come out with what has happened inside the jail," he said.

The first fallout of this serious lapse was that Alexander Jacob, director general of police (jails), was moved out from his post last week for his remarks on the T.P. Chandrasekheran murder, that took place last year.

The three, whose pictures appeared on TV channels, are the prime accused in the high profile murder case as the victim was a firebrand CPI-M leader who was expelled from the party a few years back.

"See, he (Jacob), in his letter to me, admitted he committed a mistake through his statement at a press conference," said Radhakrishnan.

The minister also said that what occurred in the jail has been a lesson learnt and from now on there will be very strict checks and balances as far as prisons are concerned.

"More CCTVs will be installed and there would be frequent checks by various agencies in jails," said Radhakrishnan.

Meanwhile, seven mobile phones were recovered from the Kozhikode jail Tuesday.

(Posted on 11-12-2013)