Shinde comes up with monthly report card
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday presented the Monthly Report Card of the Ministry of Home Affairs for March.
Following is the text of the opening statement of Shinde at the monthly press conference of Ministry of Home Affairs in New Delhi on Thursday:
" I visited Indo-Pakistan Border in Gujarat and Rajasthan on 24th and 27th of March, 2013 respectively.
2. Under the scheme of Special Industry Initiatives for Jammu and Kashmir known as 'Udaan', the Project Appraisal Committee, in its 16th meeting held on 15th March 2013, approved the proposals of M/s. IYogi to train 5742 graduates, M/s. Accenture to train 3300 candidates, M/s. 247Inc to train 6000 candidates and M/s. Ligare Voyages Limited to train 2000 candidates over a period of five years. 11 corporate are visiting J and K for selection of candidates from 19th April to 4th May, 2013. These companies include Iyogi, Rooman Technologies, Religare, TCS, 247inc, Accenture, Infosys, Bajaj Alliance, Learning Links, Canara Bank and ONGC.
3. On 13th March 2013, two cases of Hyderabad Bomb blast were transferred to the National Investigation Agency(NIA) for investigation. Sayed Liyaqat Shah Case was also transferred to the National Investigation Agency.
4. On 21st March, 2013, a case relating to forged purchase of night vision devices for Self Loading Rifle (SLRs) imported by Aligator Designs Pvt. Ltd., from American Technologies Network Corporation, forging receipts/end user certificate of Chhattisgarh Police and submitting the Certificate for non-transfer and use of these equipments by Nitin Gupta with the possibility that the consignment was imported for use by Naxalites/Terrorist Groups for waging war against the State were transferred to NIA.
5. On 4th March, 2013 a meeting of Chief Secretaries and Director Generals of Police of 9 Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected States was held under the chairmanship of Union Home Secretary to review the current LWE scenario and other issues concerning Left Wing Extremism. The progress of construction of Road in LWE affected areas was also reviewed in the meeting.
6. In its meeting held on 2nd April, 2013, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the continuation of Special Infrastructure Scheme(SIS) for LWE affected States for 12th Five Year Plan to fund upgradation of Special Forces of States.
7. Revised Guidelines for 'Surrender-cum-Rehabilitation Scheme of Left Wing Extremists (LWE), in respect of the LWE affected States has been issued which is effective from 1st April, 2013. The revised policy inter-alia includes an immediate grant of Rs.2.5 lakhs for higher ranked LWE cadre and Rs. 1.5 lakh for middle/ lower rank LWE cadres surrenderee to be kept in their name as fixed deposit which can be withdrawn after completion of 3 years subject to good behaviour. They will also be imparted training in a trade/vocation of their liking and paid a monthly stipend of Rs.4000/- for three years. In addition, incentives for surrender of weapons/ ammunition are also provided under the said Scheme. The Government of India will provide 100pc reimbursement of expenditure incurred by the LWE affected States on rehabilitation of surrenderees in this policy.
8. A meeting with the representatives of Government of Assam and United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) was held on 7thMarch, 2013 under the Chairmanship of Union Home Secretary at New Delhi to review the progress made in talks with ULFA and to discuss their demands. The ULFA delegation thereafter, also met me.
9. The security situation in North Eastern States was reviewed by the Parliamentary Consultative Committee on 7th March, 2013. The situation has considerably improved in the region with the deaths of security personnel and civilians coming down to 15 (as on 31st March, 2013) as compared to 33 during the corresponding period of previous year.
10. Union Home Secretary took a meeting on 20th March, 2013 to review security situation in Northern Assam and Tirap, Changlang and Longding Districts. The meeting was attended by representatives of Director General of Military Operation (DGMO), Chief Secretaries and DGPs Arunachal Pradesh and Assam.
11. The entire budgetary provision of Rs.300 Crore provided under Non-Plan for the Modernisation of Police Force (MPF) Scheme in the financial year 2012-13(RE) was released to states.
12. On 5th March, 2013, a provisioning sanction for purchase of 2,00,421 Nos. of Grenades for Automatic Grenade Launcher (AGLs) worth Rs.39.71 Crore accorded to BSF.
13. Additional authorization for 1920 Nos. of Passive Night Vision Binoculars and 1920 Nos. of Passive Vision Monocular for the Units of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) deployed in Left Wing Extremism affected States and Combat Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) units at an approximate cost of Rs.53.39 Crore and Rs.37.63 Crore respectively were approved on 25th March,2013.
14. The Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill 2013 was passed by the Lok Sabha on 19th March, 2013 and by the Rajya Sabha on 21st March, 2013. The President of India also assented to the Bill on 2nd April, 2013 and it has been notified as the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013.
15. Under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS) Project, till date contracts for system Integrators have been signed in 29 States/UTs, advance payment to BSNL has been made in 26 States/UTs and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with BSNL for Networking Solution have been signed in 27 States/UTs. Till date, total funds utilized by States/UTs under CCTNS is Rs. 197.23 crores against a total release of Rs. 446.54 crores to States/UTs. As part of Capacity Building, training has been imparted to 7.04 lakhs persons under the CCTNS project.
16. In the review Meeting for 13th Finance Commission held on 21st March, 2013 grants for prisons were recommended for 8 States and grants for 2012-13 were released to Arunachal Pradesh (Rs.2.5 crores), Chattisgarh (Rs.22.76 crores), Kerala (Rs.38.5 crores), Mizoram (Rs.8.33 crores), Odisha (Rs.25.0 crores) and Tripura (Rs.2.5 crores).
17. Integrated Online Visa application system under the Immigration Visa and Foreigners Registration and Tracking (IVFRT) has been operationalised in the Indian Missions at Port Louis, Mauritius and Cape Town, South Africa. This facility is now operational at 109 Indian Missions abroad.
18. Government has sanctioned 27 Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) priority roads along Indo-China border totalling 805 Km. The cumulative works completed is 563.20 Km formation and 243.08 Km surfacing.
19. Land has been identified for 129 out of 131 Coastal Police Stations under Coastal Security scheme and land acquisition process for 123 Coastal Police Stations has been initiated. Land for 44 Jetties out of 60 Jetties have also been identified by the Coastal States/UTs.
20. Out of the total outlay of Rs.990 crore, for the year 2012-13 under Border Area Development Programme (BADP), the entire amount has been released to all the 17 BADP States. In March, 2013, an amount of Rs.89.73 crore was released to the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, J and K, Manipur, Meghalaya, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh.
21. During March, 2013 an amount of Rs. 47.47 crore has been sanctioned to the CAPFs for acquisition of land and an amount of Rs.185.72 crore has been sanctioned to them for construction of office/residential buildings.
22. During the period from 21st February, 2013 to 20th March, 2013, Narcotics Control Bureau has seized 919 kg of Cannabis herb, 2.7 kg of Opium, 18 kg of heroin, 48 kg of hashish, 11.4 Kg. of Acetic Anhydride, 617.7 Kg and 2.10 lakh tablets of Pseudoephedrine and arrested a total of 16 persons. The illicit cultivation of cannabis spread over 49 acres of land was also destroyed during the period.
23. The Capture of biometrics, for creation of National Population Register (NPR) using Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) enrolment software, is in progress. As on date, biometrics has been captured for more than 12.74 crore persons, adding 1.39 crore persons during the month. Data Entry work has been completed for more than 117.24 crore persons, adding 3.19 crore during the month. Under coastal NPR, more than 64.02 lakh cards have been produced, so far.
(Posted on 18-04-2013)