Sat, 29 Apr 2017
Gulab Jamun Recipe
• 1 cup Carnation Milk Powder
• 1/2 cup Bisquick - Pancake mix
• 2 tsp butter -melted
• Whole milk just enough to make the dough
• 2 cups Sugar
• 1 cup water
• 1 tsp crushed cardamom
• Oil for frying
• Prepare the hot sugar syrup by mixing 2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of water.
• Add crushed cardamom and few strands of saffron.
• Boil the syrup at medium heat until sugar is dissolved in water and starts becoming little thick. But do not overheat so that sugar is caramelized.
• Make the dough by combining the milk powder, Bisquick, butter. Add just enough whole milk to make medium-hard dough.
• Make small balls from the dough.
• Fry the balls in heated oil on medium flame till they become golden brown in color.
• Add the fried gulab jamuns directly into the warm sugar syrup.
• For best results, leave gulab jamuns in syrup overnight.
Back to Recipes Home