"This is the very thing we want to address. This is not just an issue of diplomacy, but an issue of military relations. The ground situation is known to the military both sides. We have full confidence in our forces. We owe a tremendous gratitude to them both for showing restraint, firmness, determination and for total preparedness to face any onslaught," he said.
"It's a matter of great concern to India. We will handle this with great determination to protect sovereignty and safety of the citizens. I do not have any news on the Directors General of Military Operations (DGMO) meet. It should be done as quickly as possible," he added.
Earlier on Friday, Pakistani soldiers opened fire at Border Security Force (BSF) posts at 25 different locations in Jammu and Samba districts.
According to reports, two BSF personnel were injured and one infiltrator was killed in the firing as the Indian Army foiled multiple infiltrations bids through the night.
In the past two months, there have been more than 150 incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistan.
There has been no improvement in the situation along the Line of Control in the recent past even after the meeting between the Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan.
In the September 29 talks between Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif, both sides had agreed that improving the situation on the LoC is the 'precondition' to 'forward movement' in the India- Pakistan relationship.
Earlier on October 12, Khurshid said that at this stage, the governments of India and Pakistan, and their Prime Ministers have thought it appropriate that matters relating to the LoC and ceasefire violations should be attended to by the DGMOs of the two countries, as they were the best persons and institutions to deal with what is essentially a defence matter.
--ANI (Posted on 19-10-2013)