Home > News > Maharashtra News
Posted on Dec 01, 07:03PM | IBNS
At least four members of a family were injured when a radio set exploded in Beed district of Maharashtra, prompting India's top investigating agencies to rush to the spot for investigation, reports said on Saturday.
The injured were identified as A. R. Nimbalkar, his wife Usha, mother Kusum and two-year-old son Kunal, the police said.
The explosion occurred in the house of bus conductor Nimbalkar on Friday.
A large police contingent has gone to the scene where the incident occurred.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) and forensic team are also at the spot.
According to reports, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has started investigating the matter.
The police said someone had given the radio to the bus conductor in a parcel and when he put battery in the set and tried to switch it on, the blast occurred.
The police said they are investigating the motive behind the blast.
"We are trying to take the statement of the injured conductor who is in a serious condition," said a police official speaking to IBNS.
The injured were admitted to Swami Ramanand Teerth (SRT) hospital after the incident.
Meanwhile, Nimbalkar and his son are in serious condition and would be shifted to Mumbai, the police said.