Sat, 27 May 2017
Lapsi Recipe (Bulgar Sweet)
• 1 cup Broken wheat
• 2½ cups Hot water
• 4 tsp Almonds
• ¾ cup Sugar
• 20 Raisins
• 1 tsp Cardamom powder
• ¾ cup Ghee
• Soak the raisins in ½ cup water and keep aside.
• Heat ghee and add the broken wheat.
• Sauté on a high flame till it turns pinkish brown.
• Add hot water, partly cover and cook on a medium flame till most of the water has evaporated.
• Add additional water if the wheat is not tender enough.
• Once it is cooked properly add sugar, ghee and ½ cup water and stir well.
• Garnish with blanched almonds and pistachios.
Back to Recipes Home