Amid a heightened pitch of shelling, infiltration bids and attacks by Pakistani troops, Indian Army General Officer Commanding (GOC) 25 Infantry Div, Major General V P Singh said India is responding to the situation with "full force".
"You (Pakistan) are making a serious mistake. Do not do it...What you are putting across, it is not going to affect, deter us or weaken our resolve," Singh said, speaking to reporters in Rajouri in Jammu and Kashmir.
He said that the Defence Minister and the Chief of Army Staff have given commands that violation of ceasefire or any other act of infiltration from across the Line of Control (LoC) will be met resolutely with power and full force.
Singh said the Army was also free to respond to targeted attacks by Pakistan's Border Action Team (BAT) that had killed two Indian soldiers in January and five earlier this month, as per opportunity and strategy.
Pakistan meanwhile continued violating the ceasefire along the LoC on Sunday as Pakistani troopers fired in the afternoon in Mendhar district of Jammu and Kashmir and used mortars, media reports said.
Reports said at least 12 Indian posts were fired upon at Mendhar sector., adding that Pakistan violated ceasefire almost 20 times in the past weeks thus.
The Indian Army however said it foiled an infiltration bid in the Keran sector of Kupwara district on Sunday.
Ties between the two countries soured after the killing of five Indian soldiers in an ambush by Pakistani troopers along the LoC in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Aug 6.
Pakistan has denied the allegations and said the country's troops did not kill the Indian soldiers in an overnight attack on a patrol party along the LoC and also blamed the Indian Army for heightened aggression along the border.
--IBNS (Posted on 19-08-2013)