"I have instructed the United Shipbuilding Corporation to send more specialists in agreement with the Indian side, to take part in the investigation of the tragedy and to provide all assistance necessary to our Indian friends," Rogozin, who oversees the Russian defense industry, was quoted as saying by state news agency RIA Novosti.
Rogozin said the Russian specialists do not see technical failure as the likely cause of the incident.
"The initial information ... is that the explosion occurred in the compartment where the batteries were charging,'" he said.
"This is the most dangerous work, which is not so much to do with the makers of these batteries, but with technical safety measures, which must be at the highest level. So the first suspicions of our experts are about questions of technical safety standards. We aren't blaming the equipment yet," Rogozin added.
The Indian Navy on Friday said they have recovered bodies of five sailors, out of the 18 sailors, from the wreckage of INS Sindhurakshak that sank after an explosion on Wednesday.
The Navy said the bodies were 'severely disfigured'.
According to reports, the fifth body was found on Friday evening.
The Navy said it will continue its search operations.
"... the navy will continue to search every inch of the submerged submarine till all bodies are either located or it can be stated with finality that no bodies remain to be found," it said.
The Navy said it is presently concentrating on reaching the interiors of the submarine to locate and extricate any remaining bodies that may still be trapped within.
"Salvage of the submarine would only be attempted thereafter for which many alternatives including deploying professional salvers are also being considered.
"However, presently, gaining access to the submarine and locating bodies is the top priority," it said.
The Navy said families of all the 18 missing personnel have been contacted and are being provided regular updates through constant interaction by the Family Cell headed by a 2 star flag officer and members of the Navy Wives Welfare Association.
The Indian Navy on Friday released the names of 18 crewmen who were on board INS Sindhurakshak.
There were three officers and 15 sailors on the vessel.
The three officers were Nikhilesh Pal, Alok Kumar and R Venkitaraj.
The 15 sailors were Sanjeev Kumar, KC Upadhya, Timothy Sinha, Kewal Singh, Sunil Kumar, Dasari Prasad, Liju Lawrence, RajeshTootika, Amit K Singh, Atul Sharma, Vikas E, Naruttam Deuri, Malay Haldar, Vishnu V and Seetaram Badapalli.
In a major setback to the Navy's ambitious modernization drive, the fully armed INS Sindhurakshak, returned by Russia earlier this year after a major refit at an estimated cost of USD 80 million, exploded in a Mumbai dock.
--IBNS (Posted on 17-08-2013)