The deceased included two sailors and an officer.
"The divers have been successful in entering the submarine. Three bodies have been found," Defence PRO Narendra Vispute told reporters.
"Efforts are on to find the Navy personnel who might still trapped inside the submarine," he said.
The Indian Navy on Friday released the names of 18 crewmen who were on board INS Sindhurakshak.
There were three officers and 15 sailors on the vessel.
The three officers were Nikhilesh Pal, Alok Kumar and R Venkitaraj.
The 15 sailors were Sanjeev Kumar, KC Upadhya, Timothy Sinha, Kewal Singh, Sunil Kumar, Dasari Prasad, Liju Lawrence, Rajesh Tootika, Amit K Singh, Atul Sharma, Vikas E, Naruttam Deuri, Malay Haldar, Vishnu V and Seetaram Badapalli.
The Navy might take help of a Singapore-based company to salvage INS Sindhurakshak.
"Under the present situation, we may not be having the capability to salvage it. We have to create buoyancy in the deep sea to salvage the submarine. For that, we require help of professionals. The name of a Singapore-based professional firm has come for the consideration and we may hire it for the job," a Naval source told DNA newspaper.
In a major setback to the Navy's ambitious modernization drive, the fully armed INS Sindhurakshak, returned by Russia earlier this year after a major refit at an estimated cost of USD 80 million exploded in a Mumbai dock.
--IBNS (Posted on 16-08-2013)