Get that perfect radiance with 7-day skincare regime
From sun tan to black heads and pigmentation, the problems are aplenty during summer. One can get rid of such problems by following the seven-day skincare challenge, says an expert.
Malvina Fraser, one of London's leading skincare experts, has come up with easy tips that one should follow every day of the week and it helps in achieving flawless skin, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
So here's what to do:
* Day one - Morning: Use a warm wash cloth and press it over the face to open up your pores. Exfoliate, rinse and pat dry. Apply a primer to the skin to reduce the appearance of the pores.
Afternoon: Take a couple of minutes to do the 'cheek bone squeeze.' Gently pinch around your cheeks for a couple of minutes to increase blood flow and give a healthy glow.
Evening: Taking half a Papaya, blend it into a blow. On freshly washed skin apply the Papaya to the skin and leave it for 10 minutes. The enzyme action in the Papaya will hydrate the skin.
* Day two - Morning: When cleansing your skin this morning use an oscillating brush moving it in circular motions over the skin to increase blood flow. Alternatively use a simple body brush and move it around your body in circular motions.
Afternoon: During your lunch break relax the eyes for 15 minutes by popping on an eye mask. This will give them a much needed break. Relax with some soft music on your iPod for a couple of minutes of tranquillity.
Evening: Relax in the bath tonight by adding in some Epsom salts. Add 1 and a half cups into your bath to get your circulation flowing. Make sure you are hydrated beforehand and drink a cup of water.
* Day three - Morning: Cleopatra milk cleanser is a perfect remedy. Cleopatra is well known for relaxing in her milk baths. Cleanse the face with half milk and half water. Gently rinse off afterwards. The lactic acid in milk brightens the skin.
Afternoon: Mix together one teaspoon of honey and three teaspoons of olive oil in a bowl. This makes a great hand moisturiser. With the residue left on the hands lightly pat over the face.
Evening: Try this DIY (do it yourself) home exfoliate for a brighter complexion. Mix together two tablespoon of salt and the juice from half a lemon. Once the mixture is ready, rub it across the whole face in circular motions and rinse with warm water.
* Day four - Morning: After showering spray cold water onto your legs for a couple of seconds. If done every day, this is a great way of combating cellulite. If you do this a couple of times a week you will see a real difference.
Afternoon: Do the 'jawline pinch.' Gently pinch along the jawline and up around the jawline towards the hairline. Repeat four times. This will elasticise the skin and increase blow flow to the jowl.
Evening: Revive your skin with a home-made face mask. Mix half a cut up cucumber and one tablespoon of yogurt together. Apply onto skin for 15 minutes and rinse.
* Day five - Morning: Whilst in the shower use a loofah to brush away the dead skin cells from the body. Always brush upwards towards the heart to get the blood flowing from one side to the other.
Afternoon: If you are at a computer all day your eyes may become very tired. During your lunchtime, place two slices of cucumber over the eyes and rest for 15 minutes. Cucumber contains a substance called beta carotene which acts as an anti-oxidant and great for inflammation. If you cut a curve to the cucumber you can place them underneath while you work.
Evening: Cut open half a lemon and sprinkle a small amount of sugar on top. On clean skin rub the lemon straight onto the skin. This will tighten pores and acts as a toner.
* Day six - Morning: Mix together 2 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1tablespoon of olive oil and half a tablespoon of sugar. Apply mixture to your face. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse off. Helps to remove dead skin cells and brighten complexion.
Afternoon: Place two tea bags into the fridge and let them cool down for a couple of minutes. Once cooled place them on your eyes and leave for five minutes. The caffeine can help shrink blood vessels around the eyes.
Evening: At the end of the day remove your make-up with Vaseline. For a healthy glow mix 3 tbsp of orange juice, half a cup of warm honey into a bowl. Leave for 30 minutes and wash off.
* Day seven - Morning: While making your morning coffee, pop your eye cream or moisturiser into the fridge. Once it is cool pop on under the eyes and leave for 10 minutes.
Afternoon: Using your ringer finger gently tap towards the hairline along the eye bag. Repeat six times. This will stimulate the lymph glands.
Evening: Mix a teaspoon of baking soda to your cleanser and apply to the skin. Take off with a cotton pad. Baking soda acts as a great brightening tool for the skin.
(Posted on 21-05-2014)