Balwa wants to withdraw answer
Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa Monday moved the court hearing the 2G spectrum case, seeking permission to withdraw the answers given by him earlier in response to the court's questionnaire.
"This was a bona fide mistake and the same was neither intentional nor deliberate but only due to an inadvertent error of recording the answers on the court's computer," said Balwa, who faced court's ire last week with the Central Bureau of Investigation Special Judge O. P. Saini saying that he "deserved" to be taken in custody for his misconduct.
The court Saturday said that Balwa had "embarrassed" it a lot due to his conduct and asked if he has not understood the questions of the court during recording of his statement, then why has he given answers to them.
Balwa told court Monday that he will "not raise any question of prejudice caused to him on the ground of non-understanding of any questions" asked by the court and requested to take on record the written answers afresh.
He was handed over a questionnaire with 1,700 questions running into 824 pages March 27 by the court. The questions are part of the recording of the statement of the accused in the case.
Balwa in his plea said that he had understood the court's queries and he required no further clarification on it.
The court fixed the matter for further hearing May 16 and asked CBI to file its reply.
(Posted on 12-05-2014)
Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign