Fire in Chandigarh candle factory
Posted on Oct 31 2010 | IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 31 : A major fire broke out at a candle factory in a Chandigarh suburb Sunday morning, officials said. No casualties were reported.
The blaze at the factory in Hallo Majra suburb was brought under control by fire brigade officials after an over two-hour operation.
"A fire broke out at Sanjeev candle factory here this (Sunday) morning. Seven fire engines reached the spot and it took over two hours to control the flames. Investigations are on and the cause of the fire is not yet known," a fire brigade official said.
"We could have controlled the fire earlier but an LPG cylinder burst and it aggravated the situation. However, no lives were lost in this incident," he added.
Police officials present at the site said that an electric short-circuit could have caused the blaze.
The loss incurred by the factory owner is not yet known.