Ashley Greene's dog dies in house fire
Washington, March 23: Ashley Greene's West Hollywood apartment - that had previously been home to celebs like Mickey Rourke and Rock Hudson - was destroyed in a fire on Friday and claimed the life of one of her dogs.
A firefighter told TMZ.com that the 26-year-old actress, her boyfriend and her brother were out late last night and were sleeping when the fire broke due to a candle on a couch in the living room.
They ran out of the apartment, but realized that the dogs were still there.
The two men tried to get back inside to rescue them but were unable to do so.
According to the New York Daily News, by the time the firefighters were able to get the fire under control, they could only save one of the two animals, and found the other dead in a hiding spot under Greene's bed.
The 'Twilight' actress reportedly wanted to keep the dog that died, so firefighters wrapped it in a sheet and gave it to them.