In response to the Pakistan Foreign Office's statement that Pakistan requires more evidence in the Mumbai terror attacks case, India's Ministry of External Affairs said the evidence is already in Islamabad.
"The entire planning of the dastardly Mumbai terrorist attack was hatched in Pakistan, the training of the terrorists who launched that attack was undertaken in Pakistan, the financing of the cnspiracy was in Pakistan. It, therefore, follows that 99pc of the evidence will be available in Pakistan," MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.
"On our part, we have fully cooperated with the Pakistan Judicial Commission which visited India in September 2013 and all information that they wanted was handed over to the Pakistani High Commission in New Delhi on October 14 and 15.
"It now devolves on Pakistani authorities to ensure that justice is done in the Mumbai attack case in accordance with their own assurances," Akbaruddin said.
Pakistan had asserted that India had not yet provided enough evidence to charge those blamed for the attacks, many of whom freely roam in the country, following reports that the matter was discussed between Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and US president Barack Obama during their talks in Washington earlier this week.
--IBNS (Posted on 27-10-2013)