Hart was widely criticised for his display in Wednesday's 3-1 Champions League home defeat by Bayern Munich as he was at fault for two of Bayern's three goals due to his failure to stop routine shots from Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben.
According to the BBC, however, Zabaleta backed the goalkeeper, saying that he is still the best, although he added that the current time is not Hart's best period.
The Argentine defender also said that it is not beyond the realm of reality for a player like Hart to make mistakes as even Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo may have committed some in their time, adding that it is impossible to be at the top level for 60 games a season over many years.
According to Zabaleta, he has known Hart for five years and has seen him playing at his best form, adding that with Hart defending the goal, he and his teammates still feel safe.
Stating that Hart had been City's 'main man' for the first quarter of last season, Zabaleta also said that every player has complete confidence in him as he is one of the leaders of the group, adding that he is sure that Hart will be back to his best form.
--ANI (Posted on 05-10-2013)