Two kids die in Tripura after eating 'prasad'
Two children died and 30 people were hospitalised after eating poisonous 'prasad' (sacrament) in Tripura, an official said here Saturday.
The condition of 10 people is critical.
"A total of 32 people, including children and women, took ill after eating 'prasad' at a religious function in Dharmanagar of northern Tripura Friday night. Two children died while others were being treated at a government hospital," a health department spokesman told reporters.
A medical team was also rushed to the Maheshpur village, 195 km north of here, for providing medical support.
A sample of the 'prasad' has been collected for testing.
The official said: "If necessary, the health department would organise health camps for the sick people in Kanchanpur."
(Posted on 11-01-2014)