more-news

Woman, two daughters die of suffocation in Kashmir

Srinagar, Dec 26 : A woman and her two daughters died of suffocation after inhaling cooking gas leaking from a cylinder in their house in Jammu and Kashmir's Kulgam district Thursday, police said.


The woman identified as Sonia, wife of Khursheed Ahmad Dar, and her daughters, Rahie, 6, and Tanveera, 8, were found dead in their kitchen at village Ladgoo in Kulgam Thursday morning, a senior police officer said.

"Police reached the spot and found leakage from the gas cylinder in the kitchen where the trio was sleeping," said the officer.

"The deceased died apparently of suffocation due to the gas. Proceedings under section 174 of the Criminal Procedure Code were initiated to ascertain the cause of the death.

"After the completion of post mortem at district hospital and other legal formalities, the bodies were handed over to their relatives for last rites," added the official.

--IANS (Posted on 26-12-2013)

more-news headlines

Mulayam justifies Azam Khan's controversial remark

Ghaziabad lawyers boycott courts

93-year-old Ram Sundar Das files nomination from Hajipur

Music fest in Himachal to raise money for kids

Delhi High Court summons chief secretary over water contamination

Smriti Irani files nomination from Amethi

Appoint special prosecutor for sex crimes against children: High Court

BJP caught in the hands of one man: Sonia

Complete drain de-silting work by May 15: Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung

Stop fooling the nation, Rahul tells Modi

HC seeks report on deplorable condition of children's parks

Security arrangements in place for Thursday's Udhampur poll

Quick Links: Goa | Munnar | Pondicherry | Free Yearly Horoscope '2014

Comments

Your e-mail:


Your Full Name:


Type verification image:
verification image, type it in the box

Message:

Back to Top