N Waziristan operation against militants not on the cards, says Rehman Malik
Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that no preparations were underway for a military operation in the North Waziristan tribal region.
Malik rejected media reports stating that a military offensive against militants in North Waziristan was being planned in the wake of the attack on 14-year-old Malala Yousufzai, who was attacked by the Taliban for her efforts to encourage female literacy in Swat valley, reports The Dawn.
Malik further said that the plot to attack Malala was made in the Pak-Afghan border region.
He added that Malala's attackers have been identified and that the plot to attack the child activist had been made in the Pak-Afghan border region.
Malala, who earned international fame for raising voice against Taliban oppression in Swat, was shot in the neck and head and two other girls sustained injuries when the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) opened fire on their school van in Swat valley last Tuesday.
A National Peace award winner, Malala became the voice of all the girls in Swat when she began maintaining a diary on the website of the BBC under the pen name of "Gul Makai".
She has been flown to Britain for specialized treatment.