Indian media condemns Connecticut gun rampage leaving 28 dead, including 20 children
Indian National media denounced the Connecticut gun rampage, in which a heavily armed gunman killed 28 people, including 20 five to ten year old children in an elementary school, one of the worst mass shootings in United State's history.
Indian National dailies and news channels covered the unfortunate incident with shock, in which lives of innocent children were claimed by a gunman who went berserk.
"It is a very shocking incident . The US government needs to look into security of school children and schools because this is not the first incident that has happened this year. This year only there was an attack on a Sikh shrine and another attack on a school. So I think the US government really needs to look into school security " said Sahil Sharma, a resident of New Delhi on Saturday.
The gunman - who according to a media report carried four weapons and wore a bulletproof vest - was dead inside Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
Authorities found 18 children and seven adults, including the gunman, dead at the school, and two children were pronounced dead later after being take to a hospital. Another adult was found dead at a related crime scene in Newtown, bringing the toll to 28.
Two law enforcement sources confirmed to Reuters that the shooter had been identified as Adam Lanza, 20.
Adam's brother Ryan Lanza was "either in custody or being questioned" at this hour, one of the sources said.
It was reported that the gunman walked into a classroom where his mother was a teacher, shot his mother and then 20 students, most in the same classroom, before shooting five other adults and killing himself.