Fire breaks out at Bhagirath Place in Chandni Chowk
A major fire broke out in the electronics market at the Bhagirath Place in Chandni Chowk here on Thursday evening.
The blaze erupted around 5.10 p.m. and about 20 fire tenders were rushed to the spot douse out the flames.
No casualties have been reported so far.
According to a fire official the fire tenders were reached at the spot around 5.30 p.m., twenty minutes after the information.
"We got immediate call. It took us 20 minutes to reach due to narrow roads. Right now we can't say anything about loss. There is no casualty," said the official.
"Nothing can be said about reasons behind the incident. We are just extinguishing
It has not been extinguished completely right now we are still working," added the official.
According to reports, fire was brought under control and no casualties have been reported so far. A short circuit is suspected to be responsible for the fire.