Govt. rubbishes allegations levelled by NSG commando, Kejriwal
The government on Thursday rubbished allegations levelled by India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal and a National Security Guard (NSG) commando of apathy towards commandoes who risk their lives to counter terrorists during the 26/11 terror strike in Mumbai.
Talking to reporters over this new attack on government by Team-Kejriwal, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said: "So far as the individual in question, he has been paid Rs 31 lakh by the Government of Maharashtra and the Government of India. I believe that he also receives Rs 25,000, which is in the form of a war injury pension."
"Since the gentleman in the question retired within 14 years, there is possibly some kind of legal roadblock. But if there is anything which needs to be done in order to preserve and protect the honor of those people who risk their lives on daily basis, this government will never be found wanting," said Tewari.
"We have the highest amount of respect for all those people who fight for unity and integrity of the nation, who risk their lives on a daily basis to defend the sovereignty and integrity of the country," he added.
Earlier today, Kejriwal along with a member of NSG, Lance Naik Surender Singh, who has fought against the 26/11 attackers claimed that commandos who risked their lives to counter the terrorists are victims of government's apathy and did not get their dues.
Surender Singh, who lost his hearing during the fight and had to leave the forces, denied any funds from the government and claimed that he has not got the war injury pension even once over the past 4 years.
He also said that the Indian Army denied post-retirement benefits saying he has not completed 15 years of service.
Kejriwal claimed that Surender had only got a fraction as the sum was distributed between 11 commandos injured during the operation.