Diwali Mishaps: 25 people suffer burns in 55 fires across Himachal
At least 25 people, including three children, suffered burns in 55 Diwali-related mishaps across Himachal Pradesh.
There was a sizeable loss of properties in these incidents,including seven major fires, eight cases of burning o dry grass and electric short-circuits, official sources said.
Deputy Superintendent of Indira Gandhi Medical College Hospital Ramesh Chand told UNI today that 25 burnt cases have been registered in the hospital in the past 24 hours.
State Chief Fire Officer M S Sonkhala said three residential houses were gutted in the fire in Bilaspur, Kinnaur and Shimla.
Two industrial fires were reported in Baddi industrial township and one shop got burnt at Rohru.
A fire broke out in wooden houses at 2000 hrs last night at Panavi village near Wangtoo,12 km from district headquarter of Recong-Peo, gutting the entire building, including all valuables, resulting in a loss of Rs 10 lakh, said Mr Sonkhala.
Three families of Chet Ram, Dhyan Chand and Roshan Lal were left homeless in the chilly weather, said Kinnaur District Fire officer H S Negi.
A house caught fire at Jamthal village in Bilaspur district last night causing loss of Rs four lakh to property, the state chief fire officer said.
Baddi Fire Station Officer Sukh Dev Singh said five fires occurred in the industrial township, causing a loss of Rs 5 lakh.