Home > News > Maharashtra News

3 members of family burnt to death

Posted on Nov 13, 03:36PM | UNI

Three members of a family,including a five-year-old child, in neighbouring Bhiwandi in Thane district, were burnt to death when their house caught fire.

The police said the small tenement. owned by Ajmal Khanin in the Nizampura Kasaiwada area of Bhiwandi, went up in flames yesterday.

Khan's wife Sultana (32) and his sons Umed (8) and Arkan (5) suffered serious burn injuries and were rushed to Sion hospital where the doctors declared them dead on arrival.

Khan's elder son Ujaid (12), who was also critically burnt, is now battling for life.

Preliminary inquiries revealed that owing to a short-circuit, a fire started in the electric meter inside Khan's house and that led to the fatal inferno.