'Seven Star Formula' for smart village development introduced in Andhra Pradesh
Amravati (Andhra Pradesh) , Sept 6 : Andhra Pradesh Minister for Information Technology, Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Nara Lokesh on Wednesday introduced the 'Seven Star Formula' for development of smart villages.The formula includes the following schemes:
1. Power supply to every household in all villages, LED bulbs everywhere.
2. Gas connection for every household
3. Drinking Water for all villages
4. Toilet for every house, setting up vermicompost units, underground drainage system
5. CC roads, school, play ground, anganwadi center and internet facility
6. Pond for village, planting for greenery.
7. At least Rs. 10,000 income for every family in the village
The Minister had held an elaborate review meeting with the officials to discuss on Smart Village program of state government and Berkley - Andhra Smart Village Project led by Professor Solomon Darwin of University of California.
The meeting was attended Principal secretary Jawahar Reddy, IT secretary Vijayanand, among many others.
The Minister also stressed that officials look to the education for children, employment for youth and better public health.