Try some homemade recipes to stay fit
Want to lose weight, but can't get away from your favourite dishes? Try out Ayurvedic cookbook author Gita Ramesh's recipes that can satiate your taste buds without affecting your figure.
The recipes advised by Ramesh are purely Ayurvedic and have no harmful effects on body too, said a statement.
1. Tomato Soup
- Tomatoes ripe out: Six to eight
- Onion: One
- Small green chilli: One
- Garlic cloves: Two
- Cinnamon: One stick
- Oil: One tablespoon
- Curry leaves: Four- five
- Peppercorns: One fourth tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the tomatoes with the roughly chopped onion, green chilli, garlic, cinnamon stick and two cups of water till two whistles. Remove and keep aside to cool. When cool, blend the mixture in a blender. Remove and strain.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan; add the finely chopped onion and fry till golden broen. Add the curry leaves and pour in the tomato soup.
- Serve hot seasoned with crushed black pepper and salt.
2. Papaya salad
- Papaya (small, raw, peeled, grated): One
- Tomatoes (cut into small cubes): Two
- Green chilli (finely chopped): One
- Jaggery: One and half cubes
- Red chilli powder: A pinch
- Salt: A pinch
- Tamarind juice: Two tablespoon
- Roasted crushed peanuts: 100 gram
- Basil leaves: A few
- Mix the raw papaya, tomatoes and green chilli in a bowl.
- Now, prepare the sweet syrup to be added to the papaya. Heat the jaggery cubes in a pan till it liquidifies. Add the red chilli poweder, salt and tamarind juice and mix well. Remove and allow it to cool and then add it to the papaya mixture.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves.
3. Bottle Gourd curry
- Gourd (small, peeled and chopped): One bottle
- Turmeric powder: Half teaspoonful
- Red chilli powder: Half teaspoonful
- Cumin seeds: One teaspoonful
- Tomato (finely chopped): One
- Green chillies: Two
- Salt to taste
For the tempering:
- Vegetable oil: One teaspoonful
- Mustard seeds: half teaspsoonful
- Dry red chilli: One
- Curry leaves: A few
- Fresh and chopped coriander leaves: Two teaspoonful
- Cook the bottle gourd, turmeric powder, red chilli poweder, cumin seeds and tomato, ornion and green chillies in a pressure cooker until one whistle. Remove and allow to cool. Add salt and stir.
- For tempering, heat the oil in a pan; add the mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add the red chilli and curry leaves. Saute for just a minute or until the red chilli changes colour to dark red. Add the cooked bottle gourds to this and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
(Posted on 07-02-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
MORE MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS: