Preventive measures against strokes (With: 'India in midst of a stroke epidemic') (Health Feature)
Following are some preventive measures to guard against strokes, as prescribed by Shakir Husain, chief of interventional nueurology at New Delhi's Saket City Hospital:
* Lead a simple, yogic life: Eat simple, beat stress through physical and mental exercise by conditioning the body and mind to be calm and flexible.
* Lifestyle modification: Incorporate physical exercise in your daily routine, create happiness and instil peace in your surroundings.
* Dietary regulation: Watch and reduce the intake of saturated fats, consume more fibre and create a good balance of protein, fibre, carbohydrates and polyunsaturated fats.
* Measure your food: One's calorie intake should be with accordance to his or her nature of work. A sedentary worker's calorie intake should be less than that of a field worker.
* Adopt good habits: Control temper and work toward the maintenance of well-balanced and flexible personality. Stop smoking. Reduce, rather avoid, consumption of alcohol.
--IANS (Posted on 04-02-2014)
Share this Post:
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
MORE MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS: