List of recent IAF accidents
Posted on May 27 2014 | IANS
New Delhi, May 27 : An Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot was killed Tuesday when his MiG-21 fighter crashed in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag district. Here is a list of recent IAF accidents:
* March 28, 2014: A C-130J Super Hercules Special Operations transport aircraft crashes while on a tactical training mission, killing five crew members on board.
* Jan 22, 2014: A Jaguar combat jet crashes near Bholasar village in Rajasthan's Bikaner district. The pilot and co-pilot eject safely. According to the defence ministry, the pilots detected a technical problem while landing at Nal airport in Bikaner and ejected.
* Nov 8, 2013: A MiG-29 crashes near Jamnagar in Gujarat but the pilot ejects safely. The aircraft was on a routine sortie from the Jamnagar airbase.
* July 15, 2013: A MiG-21 Bison crashes while landing at Uttarlai airbase in Rajasthan's Barmer district, killing the pilot. The aircraft had taken off from the airbase on a routine training sortie and crashed while landing.
* June 25, 2013: Twenty people were killed when a MI-17-V5 helicopter crashes while ferrying rescue personnel in the wake of the Uttarakhand floods.
*June 7, 2013: A MiG-21 crashes in Rajasthan's Barmer district, with the pilot ejecting safely. The aircraft had taken off from the Uttarlai airbase and was on a routine sortie. It crashed 40 km from Barmer.
* Feb 19, 2013: A Sukhoi SU-30 combat jet crashes in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district; both pilots eject safely.
* Feb 12, 2013: A MiG-27 aircraft crashes in Rajasthan's Barmer district but the pilot ejects safely. The aircraft was on a routine training sortie when it crashed near Allawani Ki Dhani after taking off from Uttarlai airbase.