Protect hair against summer heat, sweat
Summer is the time when most people opt for sunscreens, sunglasses and hats to protect their skin, but make sure to give some extra care to your tresses, says Marcus Francis, official stylist of a haircare brand.
During summer, your hair is exposed to many harsh elements and can have numerous after-effects. Over-exposure to the sun's harmful rays, sweat, humidity and of course, spending too much time in a swimming pool can be damaging for your locks.
They can also leave your hair dull, dry and brittle hair.
Francis, who is associated with the brand Tresemme, has shared tips on how to maintain healthy hair and protect your ends during the summer months without using scissors:
* Be Sun-smart: Ultraviolet rays are bad news for both skin and hair. Too much sun can leave hair dry, brittle and faded. So, always cover hair before leaving the house. Use hats, scarves, bandanas or umbrella to protect your hair from harmful rays.
* Get rid of splitends: Dry and brittle hair can cause splitends, which will run down to the root of your hair if not treated. Trimming is not the answer to split ends, as in most cases, you will instead end up with rough edges and increased split ends. So it is important to take care of splitends by using right shampoos and conditioners.
* Say no to chemical processing: Avoid chemical processing such as colouring, bleaching, stripping or excessive salon styling of hair during summer. It is not a hair-friendly season to undergo harsh treatments.
* Always brush your hair: Brushing your hair regularly will not only keep it free from knots, but it will stimulate circulation in the scalp which encourages blood flow to the roots of your hair. The golden rule of brushing is: The longer your hair, the bigger your brush should be. But never brush or comb wet hair. This can lead to hair breakage at the ends.
* Avoid tight hairstyles: Tying hair in tightly can make them rough so avoid going for a tight rubber band or hair accessories.
(Posted on 09-05-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Arunachal Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:
TRAVEL MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS: