Fire breaks out in PMO
A fire broke out Tuesday at a room in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) in the South Block here, officials said. There was no injury to anyone or damage to property.
The fire was reported in Room No.60 in South Block, which belongs to a joint secretary in the PMO.
Police said the room was closed, and it seemed the fire was caused due to an electrical short circuit.
"There was a short circuit in a computer UPS in the PMO's room in South Block, which triggered off a smoke detector. The fire alarm went off and the fire service reached the spot," said a PMO official.
There was no report of injury to anyone or damage to property, the official said.
The Delhi Fire Service said the fire was reported at 6.48 a.m. and was doused at 7.35 a.m.
"Ten fire tenders were rushed to the spot," said a fire service official.
Police said records and files kept in the room were safe. An investigation was on to ascertain the exact cause of the fire.
(Posted on 29-04-2014)