Hisar, Apr 29 ANI | 1 year ago

The fire caused by electricity short circuit in Loha Bazar, Hansi, has destroyed goods worth rupees several crores, sources said today.

The fire which broke first in Bhagwat Sarup's godown soon spread in half a dozen adjoining shops.

The empty plastic tanks lying there for sale worked as fuel to the fire.

Fire tenders were called from Bhiwani, Barwala, Jind and Hisar and it took five hours to control the fire.

There was no loss of life but the fast flames created panic in the town and people helped each other to save the materials and control the fire.

Building of charitable Nanu Ram dispensary and one shop fell with a bang as the gas caused explosion in the godown.

SDM Yogesh Mehta and DSP Sidharth Dhanda reached the spot and monitored the extinguishing operation.

(Posted on 29-04-2014)

Share This Page:

Free Yearly Horoscope: Select your zodiac sign

Pisces | Aquarius | Capricorn | Sagittarius | Scorpio | Libra | Virgo | Leo | Cancer | Gemini | Taurus | Aries