Tuesday, February 09 2016

Home > News > More News

Delhi policeman rescues two minors from house on fire

Posted on Apr 19 2014 | IANS

New Delhi, April 19 : Two minor brothers were Saturday rescued by a Delhi Police constable from a creche that caught fire due to leakage of cooking gas.

The incident took place in west Delhi's Rohini area.

Anmol and Munesh, both four years of age, were trapped inside the house on the second floor when the fire started.

Sapna Seth, the owner of the creche, jumped from the second floor and fell on to the roof of a car parked below on the roadside. She was rushed to a hospital where she is recuperating.

Police said constable Jitendra, who was patrolling in the area, saw the woman fall and immediately ran up the stairs. He entered the room by breaking the window panes and brought the two minors safely out of the house.

"Jitendra received some injury on his hands due to broken glass but the siblings are safe," said a police officer.

Latest News: