Top ten beauty myths
A new study says that nine out of 10 women admit to making grooming mistakes such as washing hair daily to bring more volume to it or plucking eyebrows too close to the mirror to get a perfect shape.
The study has been conducted by professional hair care website Hairtrade.com, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"We all make hair and beauty mistakes but the good news is they can easily be put right and by doing so, may even save you time and money," said a spokeswoman from Hairtrade.com.
Here are the 10 most common hair and beauty mistakes:
* Washing hair too much: One believe that by washing hair every day you're keeping it squeaky clean and in top condition. You're wrong. Washing locks so frequently means you strip them of their natural oils and are actually doing more harm than good.
* Applying too much conditioner: People apply conditioner all over hair like the way they do it with shampoo. The hair at roots is new and healthier so concentrate on the tips of hair.
* Not using a heat protector: There really is no excuse for not protecting hair while using hairdryers and straighteners most days. Blasting hair with heat without shielding it in some way will leave it dry, frizzy and in poor condition.
* Tying your ponytail in the same place: If you always wear your hair up in a tight ponytail, then try not to tie it in exactly the same place every day. It can cause too much tension on the hair and over time can weaken it.
* Forgetting to wash make-up brushes: It's one of those jobs you know you should do but just can't be bothered about. If you fail to give your brushes a good clean then not only will you have mixed colours, you are also allowing bacteria to build up. Aim to give your brushes a clean once a week.
* Neglecting neck: As part of your daily skin care routine, do you cleanse and moisturise your neck? Thought not. Don't stop at your chin, make sure you carry on and take care of the thin, delicate skin on your neck. This area can be prone to sensitivity so it is really important to look after it.
* Over-treating and over-covering spots: It's too easy to apply every spot cream you have to your face as soon as you have a breakout, but don't. They work on your skin for hours so make sure you always follow the pack instructions to the letter. Likewise, don't cake them in make-up. Your skin needs time to breath.
* Applying foundation before moisturiser is dry: Moisturiser needs time to dry so give it a minute before you start applying your foundation. The creaminess of moisturiser can cause makeup to thin out, so if you apply too quickly you'll get a streaky look.
* Plucking eyebrows too close to the mirror: If you pluck too close to the mirror you find yourself looking at every hair rather than looking at the overall shape of your eyebrows. This can leave you with thin, uneven brows. Instead use a large mirror and take a couple of steps back so you can see your whole face, not just your eyebrows.
* Yellow nails: If you love nail art and never leave the house without a new design or colour on your talons, then you could be prone to yellow nails. Constant decoration can change the natural colour of the nails. The answer? Always apply a base coat and this will help prevent the stains.
(Posted on 18-03-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Arunachal Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS:
TRAVEL MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS: