Spice up Holi party with right snacks
Finger foods are always an indulging delight for your taste buds. Pair them with desi delights like thandaai, jaljeera, masala chaach or traditional masala chai on the festival of Holi as a treat for your tummy.
It will however help if you follow some do's and don'ts of serving the perfect Holi snacks, as suggested by McCain Foods Kitchen:
* Serve them light: Snacks are not a full meal. They are essentially appetizers which are created to enhance your hunger and not to fill you up. Potato wedges, fries and onion rings are some foods that can be served.
* Make them funky: The appetizers should look appetizing and luscious. Go for neon-rimmed tooth picks and tiny colourful spoons to make the snacks look more interesting.
* Avoid messy serves: The dip shouldn't be too watery as it has chances of creating a mess at the table. Also, keep the snacks bite-sized so that they can be easily picked up from the plates, both with hand or toothpicks.
* Minimum flavours: Strong spices such as chillies and peppers can rob the taste buds of the refined tang of the drink one is having. Keep the snacks simple with just a pinch of salt and mild pepper seasoning.
* Timing matters: Snacks should be prepared as close to the serving time as possible to ensure the desired freshness and crispiness, otherwise they might get soggy.
* Use frozen foods rightly: Buy products in a good frozen condition. The instructions written on the packets should be carefully followed. They should be used straight from the freezer if thawing is not required. Return the unused product back to the freezer at the earliest.
(Posted on 11-03-2014)
Information on States of India:
Andaman Nicobar | Andhra Pradesh | Assam | Bihar | Chandigarh | Chhattisgarh | Dadar Nagar Haveli | Daman Diu | Delhi | Goa | Gujarat | Haryana | Himachal Pradesh | Jammu Kashmir | Jharkhand | Karnataka | Kerala | Lakshadweep | Madhya Pradesh | Maharashtra | Manipur | Meghalaya | Mizoram | Nagaland | Orissa | Pondicherry | Punjab | Rajasthan | Sikkim | Tamil Nadu | Tripura | Uttar Pradesh | Uttaranchal | West Bengal
INDIA REGIONAL MAPS:
Andhra Pradesh Travel Map | Bihar Travel Map | Goa Travel Map | Gujarat Travel Map | Haryana Travel Map | Himachal Pradesh Map | Karnataka Travel Map | Kerala Travel Map | Maharashtra Travel Map | Punjab Travel Map | Rajasthan Travel Map | Sikkim Travel Map | Tamil Nadu Travel Map | Uttar Pradesh Travel Map | West Bengal Travel Map |
MORE MAPS OF INDIA:
INDIA CITY MAPS:
KERALA TRAVEL MAPS: