Girl killed in Tripura hostel fire
In a tragic incident, a seven-year-old girl was burnt to death and 10 other students were injured when their school hostel caught fire in a Tripura town, police said here Sunday.
"A fire, caused by electric short circuit, broke out in a private school hostel Saturday night at Damchara, 200 km from here," a police spokesman told the media.
"Though 73 inmates, all girls, could manage to come out from the hostel, a girl failed to escape from the flames and was burnt alive."
Ten girls were also injured in the fire.
Police said the unauthorised school hostel was over-crowded and was lacking proper infrastructure.
The state government has ordered a probe into this incident.
(Posted on 02-03-2014)