Eight protein-rich snacks to eat
Posted on Jan 16 2014 | IANS
New York, Jan 16 : Women over 19 years need 46 grams of protein a day while 19 plus men need 56 grams of protein a day, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Huffingtonpost.com shares a list of high protein snacks you can easily fit into your busy routine:
* Cottage cheese: One cup of cottage cheese contains about 25 grams of protein.
* Tuna: One can of tuna can have as much as 25 grams of protein.
* Pumpkin seeds: A half cup of pumpkin seeds could contain as much as 14 grams of protein.
* Chocolate milk: A glass of chocolate milk can have between eight and 11 grams of protein.
* Hard boiled eggs: One hard boiled egg provides roughly six grams of protein.
* Almonds: You can get 6.4 grams of protein from 25 raw almonds.
* Oatmeal: A serving of oatmeal can have as much as five grams of protein.
* Peanut butter: A tablespoon of peanut butter contains about four grams of protein.