Trump Urges Iran to Be "Reasonable" in Crucial Nuclear Deal Talks

President Donald Trump has called on Iran to adopt a "reasonable" stance in the upcoming round of nuclear deal talks, referencing the US's 2025 B-2 bomber strikes on Iranian nuclear sites. The talks are scheduled to take place in Geneva, with US special envoys expected to attend. Simultaneously, Trump discussed the Board of Peace for Gaza, noting over $5 billion in pledges for humanitarian efforts. Iran has previously condemned the US military strikes as violations of international law.

Key Points: Trump to Iran: Be "Reasonable" in Nuclear Talks

  • Trump to be indirectly involved in talks
  • US cites 2025 B-2 strikes as leverage
  • Next round set for Geneva
  • Over $5B pledged for Gaza peace board
  • Iran condemned past strikes as illegal
3 min read

Trumps asks Iran to be "reasonable" in next round of talks over nuclear deal

President Trump warns Iran ahead of nuclear deal talks, citing 2025 bomber strikes and hoping for a peaceful Middle East resolution.

"I hope they are going to be more reasonable. They want to make a deal... - Donald Trump"

Washington DC, February 17

United States President Donald Trump on Monday asked Iran to be "reasonable" in the next round of talks over the nuclear deal, reminding Tehran of the June 2025 B-2 bomber attack.

Speaking to reporters, Donald Trump said that he will "indirectly" be involved in the talks with Iran.

He said, "I will be involved in those talks indirectly. It will be very important. Iran is a tough negotiator, but I would say they are bad negotiators, as we could have had a deal instead of sending out B-2s (B-2 Bombers) to knock out their nuclear potential. I hope they are going to be more reasonable. They want to make a deal... We have peace in the Middle East. You will see some flames here and there, but we essentially have peace in the Middle East. That happened because we did a B-2 attack on the nuclear potential. They would have had a nuclear weapon within one month. If that happened, it would have been a whole different deal."

The US and Iran are expected to hold the next round of talks over the nuclear deal on Tuesday (local time) in Geneva, Switzerland, CNN reported.

According to CNN, US special envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner are expected to attend the meetings.

Iran and the United States held the previous rounds of nuclear talks in April 2025 in Muscat, Oman, and Rome, Italy.

However, on June 21-22, 2025, under 'Operation Midnight Hammer,' the United States conducted strikes against Iranian nuclear infrastructure, targeting three key sites in Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan. Iran strongly condemned the operations, denouncing them as a blatant violation of international law and the UN Charter.

When asked about the Board of Peace for Gaza, Donald Trump said that the world leaders involved will work along with the United Nations.

"It (the Board) has all world leaders and putting tremendous amounts of money. And I think it will go far beyond Gaza and there will be peace all over the world. We are working in conjunction with the United Nations. The UN has great potential, but they haven't lived up to it. But they might aid us a little bit," Trump told reporters.

A key meeting for the Board of Peace is scheduled on February 19, ahead of which Donald Trump had announced that member states involved have pledged over USD 5 billion towards humanitarian and reconstruction efforts in Gaza.

- ANI

Share this article:

Reader Comments

P
Priyanka N
The whole situation is so tense. The mention of the B-2 attack is clearly a threat. It feels like the talks are happening with a gun to Iran's head. How can there be a fair negotiation? Hope cooler heads prevail in Geneva. 🙏
A
Aman W
From an Indian perspective, this constant volatility is bad for business and regional stability. A stable West Asia is crucial for us. Trump's "flames here and there" comment is worryingly casual about a region where so many of our citizens work and send remittances.
S
Sarah B
I have to respectfully disagree with the approach. Talking about peace while reminding the other side of a past bombing raid isn't diplomacy, it's coercion. The US should lead by example if it wants a lasting deal. The UN's role being minimized is also concerning.
V
Vikram M
The $5 billion for Gaza is a positive step, I'll give him that. But the overall tone is so aggressive. As a country that values strategic autonomy, India should maintain its balanced approach with both the US and Iran. We have good relations with the Gulf nations and can't afford another major conflict there.
K
Karthik V
"We essentially have peace in the Middle East." Seriously? This feels like declaring victory before the war is over. The region is a tinderbox. Hope the talks are more productive than the rhetoric. India's voice for de-escalation is important here.

We welcome thoughtful discussions from our readers. Please keep comments respectful and on-topic.

Leave a Comment

Minimum 50 characters 0/50