Security Forces Demolish Four Maoist Memorials in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur

Security forces in Chhattisgarh have demolished four Maoist memorials in the Bijapur district as part of a systematic campaign to erase symbols of insurgent influence. The action follows a similar demolition of a memorial for a senior Maoist leader in Sukma earlier this month. Union Home Minister Amit Shah has reiterated the government's commitment to completely eradicate Naxalism by March 31, 2026, calling it a major internal security achievement. Official data for 2025 shows significant operational successes with hundreds of Naxals neutralized, arrested, or having surrendered.

Key Points: Forces Demolish Maoist Memorials in Chhattisgarh, Amit Shah Sets Deadline

  • Four Maoist memorials demolished in Bijapur
  • Part of systematic eradication of Maoist symbols
  • Amit Shah sets March 31, 2026 deadline to end Naxalism
  • 364 Naxals neutralized, 1022 arrested in 2025
2 min read

Chhattisgarh: Security forces demolish four Maoist memorials in Bijapur

Security forces raze four Maoist memorials in Bijapur as Home Minister Amit Shah reiterates commitment to end Naxalism by March 31, 2026.

"We will succeed in freeing the entire country from Maoist violence by March 31, 2026. - Amit Shah"

Bijapur, February 21

The security forces demolished a total of four Maoist memorials constructed in the jurisdictions of Farsegarh and Tarrem police stations on Friday.

To completely eradicate Maoism and establish lasting peace, security, and development in the region, security forces have been systematically eliminating all symbolic structures, signs of violence, and remnants of fear created by the Maoists.

Earlier this month, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) demolished a memorial of Ravula Srinivas alias Ramanna, who was a central committee member of the Maoists, in Gogunda village of Chhattisgarh's Sukma district.

Speaking with ANI, Assistant Commandant of 74th Battalion Videkho Kiye said, "This area in Gogunda had been under naxal control for a long time and was a cutoff area for the security forces... But the 74th Battalion established a forward operating base on November 20th, 2025. Today, the monument of a Maoist CC member, Ramanna, was demolished by the Battalion in a joint operation... This will pave the way for a brighter future for the upcoming generation."

Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday again reiterated the Central government's commitment to end Naxalism by March 31 this year, a decade-old menace that left many civilians and security forces dead.

Shah's assurance came while speaking at the 79th Foundation Day of Delhi Police, as the Centre's deadline to eradicate Naxalism would expire in the next 44 days.

"Maoist insurgency, which had spread across 11 states, had long been considered a major challenge to the country's internal security. However, I am glad to convey to the nation, through the people of Delhi, that we are very close to permanently freeing the affected regions from Naxalism. I would like to once again assure the people that by March 31, 2026, we will succeed in freeing the entire country from Maoist violence. This will be a major achievement for our security forces," Shah said.

Previously, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai updated that security forces neutralised 364 Naxals, arrested 1022, and facilitated 2337 surrenders in 2025.

- ANI

Share this article:

Reader Comments

P
Priyanka N
While I support the action, I hope the government follows up with genuine development. Just removing memorials isn't enough. Schools, hospitals, and jobs must reach these areas quickly so the youth don't feel alienated. The real memorial should be to peace and progress.
A
Aman W
March 31 deadline seems very ambitious. The problem is deep-rooted in poverty and lack of governance. I appreciate the security forces' bravery, but a permanent solution needs more than just operations. Let's see if the government can deliver on its promise.
S
Sarah B
My heart goes out to the civilians caught in this conflict for years. The statistics of surrenders are encouraging. Hopefully, rehabilitation programs are strong enough to give those who surrender a real second chance at a normal life.
V
Vikram M
Salute to our CRPF and other security forces! They are working in the toughest conditions. Demolishing these so-called memorials sends a clear message that the rule of law is being restored. The future generation of Chhattisgarh deserves a peaceful childhood.
K
Kriti O
It's a symbolic act, but an important one. These structures created fear among locals. Now, the focus must shift 100% to winning hearts and minds through development. The government should regularly update on road, telecom, and education projects in these newly accessible areas.

We welcome thoughtful discussions from our readers. Please keep comments respectful and on-topic.

Leave a Comment

Minimum 50 characters 0/50