Fri, 20 Apr 2018
Spicy Tomato Pickle Recipe
• 1 Kg Firm Red Tomatoes
• 7 Tsp Sesame Oil
• 8-10 Green Chilies
• Small Lump of Tamarind
• 2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
• ½ Tsp Asafetida
• Salt for Taste
• 2 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
• 2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
• Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and fry in 4 tsp of sesame oil.
• Grind tamarind and green chilies into a paste
• Add this paste to the smashed tomatoes.
• Fry mustard seeds in another pan with 3 tsp of sesame oil.
• While they splutter, add fenugreek seeds and fry.
• Later, add asafetida and remove from the fire.
• Mix this hot mix with the tomato paste and add salt.
• Allow it to cool, store it in a container and keep the container in the refrigerator.
Back to Recipes Home