Mon, 15 Jul 2019
Shrimp Biriyani Recipe
• 1 Lb Shrimp
• 1 Cup Basmati Rice
• 4 Onions
• Small Grated Ginger
• 2 Cloves Garlic
• 4 Green Chilies
• 3 Cups Grated Coconut
• 2 Tsp Garam Masala
• 2 Tsp Lime Juice
• 2 Tsp Cashew Nuts
• 2 Tsp Raisins
• 2 Bay Leaves
• ¼ Cup Ghee or Butter
• Salt to Taste
• Clean the fish and remove the veins.
• Soak the rice in normal water for 20 minutes.
• Grind green chilies, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and coconut into a paste.
• In heated oil, fry half of the onions until they become golden brown in color.
• Add the grinded paste to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
• Add the shrimps and salt.
• Fry well and keep stirring so that all the shrimps are coated with the cooked masala.
• Take a separate pan and fry the bay leaves in heated oil.
• Add the remaining onions and fry until the onions are golden brown.
• Add the rice and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add the peas, salt and 2 cups of water.
• Put the lid on the pan and let it stay for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost done on a low flame.
• Preheat the oven to 300°F.
• In a serving bowl mix the shrimps and rice together and cover the bowl with the aluminium foil.
• Keep the bowl in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes.
• Add lime juice and garnish with fried cashew nuts and raisins.
Back to Recipes Home