Mon, 21 May 2018
Puran Poli Recipe
• 1 Cup Maida
• 1½ Cup Jaggery
• 1¼ Cup Channa Dal
• 1 Pinch Turmeric Powder
• Salt to Taste
• 2 Tsp Ghee
• 6 Tbsp Oil
• For Frying Oil / Ghee
• Cardamom Powder
• Mix ghee and masala with maida.
• Using water make soft smooth dough.
• Keep it aside for 1 hour covered with wet cloth.
• Add oil and kneed it again and keep it aside for 4 hours.
• Cook Channa dal in Pressure Cooker.
• Drain the water and grind to a paste mixing with the jaggery and cardamom powder. (Water should not be there).
• Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them.
• Place one ball of dal-jaggery filling on the dough and cover and seal up the filling.
• Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the filling does not come out.
• Fry on a tawa pouring ghee around it. Cook on both sides.
Back to Recipes Home