Mon, 23 Sep 2019
• 1 cup Wheat flour
• 6 tsp Ghee
• 1 pinch Salt
• Oil for frying
• 1 cup Grated coconut
• 3¼ cups Sugar
• 1½ cups Milk
• Few Almonds
• Few Raisins
• ½ tsp Cardamom powder
• 2 tsp Poppy seeds
• Mix salt, flour and ghee and prepare smooth dough by gradually adding water and kneading.
• Cook coconut, sugar, milk, chopped almonds and raisins, cardamom powder, and poppy seeds till the milk evaporate.
• Take the prepared dough and roll them out into small flat round pancakes.
• Place a spoon of coconut stuffing at the centre and fold the pancake in half.
• Use a cutter to create the fluted crescent border and cut off the excess dough.
• Seal the edges by applying little milk and pressing down hard.
• Fry them in heated oil till they become golden brown.
Back to Recipes Home