Thu, 22 Aug 2019
• 2 cups maida flour
• 4 tsp rice flour
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 4 tsp curd
• 1¼ cup warm water
• ½ tsp saffron threads
• 3 cups sugar
• 2 cups water
• ½ tsp cardamom powder
• 4 tsp rose water
• Ghee or vegetable oil for frying
• Mix maida flour, rice flour, baking powder, curd and mix well by adding water little at a time till the batter is completely ready.
• Add saffron powder and whisk again.
• Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment and whisk again.
• Prepare one-string syrup by boiling and dissolving sugar in the water.
• Add saffron and cardamom powder to the syrup.
• Pour the batter through a coconut shell with a hole to form coils in heated oil under a steady stream.
• Deep fry them until they are golden in color and crisp all over.
• Remove and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the sugar syrup.
• Keep them for at least 4-5 minutes so that they are soaked in the syrup.
• Take them out of syrup and serve hot.
Back to Recipes Home