Wed, 08 Jul 2020
Caramel Bars Recipe
• 30 Individually Wrapped Caramels
• 5 Tbsp Heavy Cream
• ½ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
• ¼ Tsp Salt
• ¾ Cup Butter
• ½ Cup Chopped Walnuts
• ½ Tsp Baking Soda
• 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
• 1 Cup Rolled Oats
• ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Melt together the caramels and heavy cream in a saucepan.
• In a bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
• Stir in the melted butter until it blends well.
• Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a baking pan. Reserve the rest.
• Bake the crust for eight minutes in the preheated oven.
• Remove and dot with walnuts and chocolate chips.
• Pour the caramel mixture over the top and then crumble the remaining crust mixture over everything.
• Return to the oven and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
Back to Recipes Home