Shimla Trip: Things To Do in Shimla
Shimla, Jan 4: Probably the most famous hill station in India, Shimla is situated in Himachal Pradesh in north India. Travel to Shimla or Simla, as it is otherwise known, is a trip that no tourist can ever forget. This lovely hill station derives its name from the Goddess Shyamala an avatar of Goddess Kali.
There are many reasons to visit Shimla. In summer the temperature is between 14 and 28°C. In winter the temperature can drop to -2° C which is very cold but not unbearable for those who wish to enjoy winter sports. Getting around is not a problem using Uber Coupons.
Here is the list of things to do in Shimla:
1. Travel on the toy train - The toy train runs between Kalka and Shimla. Kalka is the main railhead where long-distance trains terminate. Tourists have to ride on the narrow gauge toy train to Shimla at an altitude of 6,000 meters. The train travels magically through mountains, hills, and forests and crosses scores of tunnels. It is a journey that seems to be from a fairy tale and gives to everyone incredible sights of the Himalayas.
2. Trekking across Shimla - The best way to explore Shimla is to walk. It is advisable that every tourist brings a comfortable pair of shoes. The most famous places to visit are Chadwick Falls, Tara Devi Temple, Kamna Devi Temple, Dhanu Devta Temple, and Jakhoo Temple. With these short treks, it is easy to understand the city and admire its beauty. Use an Oyo Room Coupon to get the perfect view.
3. Gaiety Theater - The main attraction of Shimla is colonial architecture. One of the prime examples is the Gaiety Theater. It was created in 1877 and is one of the best instances of British architecture and its appeal.
4. Shopping at Lakkar Bazaar - As one can understand from the name, it is a market selling wooden artifacts. The market with its wooden crafts is an ideal place to spend an evening with family. Everything can be found here from tiny decorative box to huge wooden bric-a-bracs. If your budget allows why not carry home a fantastic souvenir. Visit the Bazaar from your hotel using Uber Promo Code.
5. Ride on a yak - At a distance of 16 km, from Shimla is Kufri. It boasts of a landscape that is exceptionally scenic. Kufri is also known for providing yak rides. You have the chance to sit astride a huge mountain buffalo and enjoy while it walks along the mountain trail. It is an enchanting new experience unlike any other you may have had in the past.
6. Jakhoo Temple trip - The temple is on a hilltop about 2500 meters high and is devoted to Lord Hanuman who is the protector of Shimla. From the patio of the temple, you will have a spectacular view of the Shivalik Range and of a town named Sanjauli. The statue of Lord Hanuman is 108 meters tall and venerated widely across the region.
7. Ice skating at Circular Road - During winter the Circular Road is used as an impromptu ice skating rink. The season lasts between December and February. It is one of the most thrilling activities, and a definite must do activity in Shimla.
8. Visit the Vice Regal Lodge - The most excellent example of colonial-era architecture in Shimla is the Vice Regal Lodge. At one time it was known as Rashtrapati Niwas since the Viceroy used to live in this summer palace. It was built by Lord Dufferin and has six stories and a well-maintained garden surrounding the building. Currently, it houses a museum which speaks about the history of the Shimla town as well as the culture of the region.
9. Relax at the Shimla Ridge - Located next to the Mall the Ridge in Shimla is for relaxation and taking life easy. It is an open area at the heart of Shimla where locals and tourists come to rest and relax. It is also known as The Scandal Point and offers a hypnotizing view of the entire valley.
From the glen to the Vice Regal Lodge, Shimla is a treat for any visitor. There are an ample number of things to do including skating and skiing. From breathtaking trekking to a relaxed afternoon at the Mall it is a lovely place to be any time of the year.