• Thursday, 25 April 2019

6 held over suspected plot to attack Emmanuel Macron


Nov 08, 2018 (6 months ago) |
Paris [France], Nov 7 : French police on Tuesday arrested six people over a suspected plot to launch an assault on President Emmanuel Macron, officials said.
The DGSI, the French intelligence agency, arrested the suspects as part of an investigation. They were apprehended in three separate regions - Isere, situated in the southeast of Lyon, Moselle, on the border with Germany and Luxembourg and Ille-et-Vilaine, located in the northwest near Rennes, CNN reported.

A judicial source told CNN that the six suspects arrested -- five men and a woman, were aged between 22 and 62. The French Interior Ministry said that all of them were linked to the far-right.

"The investigation is looking into an imprecise and loosely formed plan for violent action against the President of the Republic," the source said.

In July last year, a 23-year-old man was charged for plotting an attack on Macron at Bastille Day's parade.

Like This Article?
6 held over suspected plot to attack Emmanuel Macron

contact Post your comment

category Read other World News stories

home page Visit Home Page for latest updates