New Delhi, Nov 26 : If carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide are primarily responsible for outdoor pollution, poisonous gases can severely affect the air quality of closed spaces.
While bringing the indoor pollution level down, nothing works better than the natural agents like air-purifying plants that significantly help in eliminating toxin substances present in the air.
Bhawana Bhatnagar, interior stylist and founder of Casa Exotique suggests these plants get you started
1. Philodendron Oxycardium, an easy to care indoor plant is an evergreen vine that thrives in partial shade and moderate temperatures.
2. Sansevieria or the Snake Plant is an evergreen perennial plant, native to the tropics of West Africa with astonishing air-purifying characteristics. This beautiful dual-colored plant absorbs harmful gases from the room atmosphere, providing a cleaner and healthier space to breathe in.
3. Red Aglaonema, also known as the Royal Treasure plant is another great
ornamental indoor plant with strikingly beautiful features. Its colorful foliage
consisting of dark green leaves elegantly flushed with shades of red makes it a
perfect home decor accent. Happily, this beautiful plant is easy to care for. Other than
its wild-natural beauty, the plant is also effective in purifying air toxins.
4. White Pothos is also known as Devils Ivy is a beautiful indoor plant with a long-growing, leafy vine that trails freely. Pothos are perfect home plants in areas that don't receive proper sunlight and for people who often forget to water their plants.
5. Ficus Bonsai and Carmona Bonsai are also easily adaptable to indoor conditions, and at the same time, look pretty exotic. Dieffenbachia, Kalanchoe, different varieties of Cactus and Succulents like Haworthia and Echeveria are also good choices among indoor plants.
6. If pets are a threat to plants, then Areca palm, Peace lily, Bamboo, and Hawartica are pet-friendly and long-lasting .
Find any Critical Errors? Please Report It!